17 March, 2009

Not for Profit

I was visibly distressed to see, upon my last checking of the shoutbox, the response to a series of people a-spruiking in the shoutbox - a not insignificant fallout with at least one of my readers:

Bennett
the hell!? Advertising cash advances!? YOU SOLD OUT MAN! YOU USED TO BE ALL ABOUT THE WRITING NOT THE MONEY!

I must assure you, readers, that I am not being financially compensated for the ads. They have simply been left by people passing through (including the ever elusive SexyChick). I would never dream of making money off this blog. It would be wrong for a few reasons:

I'm not doing anything here that I should be paid for. What I write is, by and large (with the possible exception of some posts such as my bagging of the Herald Sun, which I was somewhat pleased with) utter crap. The idea that I should be PAID to do this is crass and inappropriate, and I would feel guilty from profiting, as naturally this is a non profit blog which maintains high standards of writing and integrity...mostly.

But at the same time, I feel I should address the issues raised by the spruikers in the shoutbox. Firstly:

SexyChick - I don't think I've been completely honest with you, SexyChick, and you don't deserve to be treated like that. Confession time: I didn't invent this layout. You did compliment me, murmuring in those irresistibly sweet and dulcet tones of yours that my blog had "Nice Layout!" Once my blushing had subsided, I felt it was my duty to come clean with you. This is a very standard design set out by blogspot, and I haven't really changed it at all. I hope you'll understand, and perhaps we can still be friends. I just value our connection, and don't want it to be built on lies and deception. xxx ooo

Bernard - Oh Bernard...we've had some good times, haven't we? Which is why, again, I have to be frank with you. I don't intend to change my website address to "co.coocococ" or whatever it may be. I'm really sorry, but that's just the way I am, and I can't change that, because that just wouldn't be "me".

Leonard - I was humbly pleased to see that you'd "read a few of [my] other posts", perhaps scrolling through them, hopefully chuckling appreciatively at appropriate moments. Equally, I did investigate your blog, which contained some interesting insights into schools, college and scholarship applications.

Gibson - I did wonder whether you had read much of what I wrote, seeing as you, perhaps rather generously, labeled the contents of this blog "info". Though it is nice to be hailed as a pillar of truth. Your fortifying comments shall not be easily forgotten, Gibson. But no, I don't want to make money online, though I'm sure you have many excellent suggestions. Best of luck to you.

Tamara - Well, Tamara, you left me in almost more of a dizzy than SexyChick as you suggestively commented "Look forward to reading more from you in the future". What am I to infer from this? Are you toying with my affections, or truly committed to what you say? I must make clear, it would wound me more than I could say if it were the former. I must also confess, after having visited your site, (which appears to be highly informative, the site of a truly powerful, intelligent, experienced and worldly woman) you had me at "Payday Cash Advance Loans Faxless No Teletrack California: Reliable Cash Source ". I certainly hope this shall not be the last time you lighten my blog with your exuberant and vivacious presence. I wait with baited breath.

I hope this clears up any aspersions being previously cast upon the good characters of these people by Bennett, and I will finally assure you that I will never (1) use this blog as a source of any income.

(1) May be subject to change

No comments: